We are looking for motivated security professionals to join CGL’s growing team as Apprentice Technician and experience what the difference of our “family business with a corporate structure” can provide to further personal and professional development. We are looking for team members to contribute to and deliver our mission to provide “consistently deliver customer service excellence .”Work alongside the finest team of highly skilled and industry-certified professionals who are encouraged to drive change and think outside of the box. As a team member, you will receive competitive benefits, industry training, and certifications on today’s leading security products.
The primary function of an Apprentice Security Technician will assist the team leader with the installation of security-related integrated systems. Typical duties and responsibilities: Install, diagnose and repair various access control, video surveillance, and alarm intrusion systems. Install, cable, repair, and maintain security systems; perform regular maintenance to prevent breakdowns; diagnose problems with network computerized systems and determine the course of action and perform the repair.
What you will do as an Apprentice Security Technician
- Installation of access control systems from start to finish, including but not limited to Software House, Genetec, S2 Systems, Openpath, DSC system, and Honeywell.
- Installation and service of various video surveillance solutions, including Genetec, Exacq, Milestone, American Dynamics, etc.
- Hardware device installations, including readers, electric locking hardware, exit devices, power supplies, pipe/wire, etc.
- Perform IP network configuration for video surveillance and access control systems
- Maintain certifications for camera and access control systems
What you bring to the table:
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable, and well organized.
- Customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- The ability to read and effectively interpret general construction project documentation is a plus.
- The associate is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Reaching, grasping, and carrying activities are also required.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION:
- Requires ability to pass CORI check and obtain MA certificate of clearance
Local travel is required, primarily within the Greater Boston metropolitan region, but may include other areas within Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire.